Welcome to Zebra Casino South Africa
Top 10 South African Online Casinos
With so many great online casinos available for South African casino games players, choosing the right one is important, and can take time. However we have done the hard work for you and right here you’ll find a selection of only the best online casinos around. There are important features that you simply need to have in a quality casino and everything has been taken into consideration by us, when delivering a superb choice of Rand casinos.
South African Online Casino FAQ
- Are Online South African Casinos Safe? Despite online casino gambling being illegal in South Africa, many online casinos that tend to cater South African casino players have bothered to offer the highest standards and to comply with regulations of the jurisdictions where they are licensed. They also subject themselves voluntarily to regular independent audits by reputable auditing companies. Furthermore, they employ safety measures such as encryption technologies for safe keeping of personal data.
- What Is the Meaning of Payout Percentages? Simply put, payout percentages display the percentage of your bet that is returned to you on long-term betting. When casino games are audited by independent auditors, they also test how much of the money wagered comes back to the bettors in terms of winnings, which can be either from jackpots, bonuses and all forms of in-game wins. So, if an auditor says that a certain game has a 96% payout percentage, it means that 96% of your money will be returned to you in winnings over the long run. This doesn’t pertain to winning a sum big enough to cover your wagers and go into plus. Payout percentages are displayed for individual games or overall.
- What Deposit Methods Can I Use at South African Online Casinos? Since South African online casinos cater to international players as well, you can use a variety of payment methods, from the standard options like Visa, Mastercard, Skrill to other to more localized payment methods. The most popular payment methods among South African players are credit cards, PayPal, Ukash, Skrill, and Neteller.
- Is It Possible to Wager in Rands? Yes. There are even online casinos that don’t advertise themselves as South African online casinos but still accept deposits and wagers in Rands. However, those that do offer Rands as the primary currency, they offer other currencies for non-South African players.
- Can I Gamble for Free As Well? Besides gambling for real money, you can play the games for free as well, but that way you cannot expect to win any real money that you can withdraw as winnings. Playing in free mode is for entertaining or practice purpose only. If you want the real deal, you will have to make a deposit and play with your own money.
- How Can I Get a Welcome Bonus? Most of the time welcome bonuses are given on top of real-money deposits. Some casinos offer no deposit welcome bonuses, which are received just for registering automatically after you have set up your account or after entering a specific code or claiming the bonus otherwise.
Those casinos that offer welcome bonuses on deposits usually determine the bonus amounts based on a certain percentage of your deposit amount. You can find out how to get a welcome bonus by reading a casino FAQ or asking the casino customer support, but most of the time welcome bonuses are given automatically upon depositing or they are activated with a bonus code.
- What Should I Look For In A South African Online Casino? Whatever your priority is. Most of all, look for licensed, regulated, audited and protected online casinos that are of high reputation. Second of all, scope the casino services first, such as the bonus offers, the games, the level of entertainment etc. It has to offer enough to keep you there.
- Are South African Online Casinos Legal? In 1965 all forms of gambling were banned in South Africa with the Gambling Act. Only horse racing betting was allowed. In 2004 the National Gambling Act prohibited games on the internet as well. No matter what jurisdiction the online operator was licensed in, it applied to all of them. This act only pertained to casino, poker and bingo games. In 2008 the National Gambling Amendment Act was supposed to legalize all forms of online gambling, but it never passed. Click here for more detailed information on the laws governing gambling in South Africa.
1. Casino Software and Your Security
Your online safety and security is of course of paramount importance, and all casinos here offer you excellent protection. Every casino cashier and all financial transactions are secured using the latest encryption technology and your personal information is stored safely and never released to a third party. Every casino you’ll find here has nothing but the best reputation as far as security and fairness of games is concerned, with all games having been independently tested and the random number generator (RNG) being certified.
2. Customer Support
A great casino requires great customer support, and it’s an area that can often be overlooked, however we have ensured that every casino offers quality support to its customers. Round the clock support by a team of well trained and helpful support agents is a factor we have taken into consideration when building this selection of online casinos.
3. Banking – Depositing and Withdrawing Funds
Banking is of course high importance and not only do you want the guarantee of a safe and secure environment in which to make financial transactions, you will also want a good choice in both depositing and withdrawing your money. A good selection of depositing methods is crucial and means that you can take the option that suits you best, and when it comes to collecting your winnings you’ll want them quickly and securely, and we have made sure that casinos here offer this. Click here for the best SA banking option.
4. Ease of Use and Navigation
Quality of design and ease of navigation has also been thought about, with ease of casino software download and finding your way around the casino lobby playing an important role too. All casinos here offer a simple and fast sign up process and smooth download. You will also discover that many casinos on offer will also supply you with a choice of either downloading the software or playing the instant play, no download version.
5. Great Games Selection
Playing and enjoying quality online casino games is why you want to sign up to a good online casino, and that has of course been taken into consideration. A great game offering is 100% required and we guarantee that all casinos right here offer you just that. With a huge amount of online slots, video poker, table games and plenty more, this selection of casinos provides you with an abundance of high quality, fair and realistic casino games. Click here to play casino games for free.
South African Land-Based Casinos
South African players have a large choice of places to gamble, including both online and land-based options. If you are more comfortable playing offline, there are a great many choices available around the country.
While the choice is vast, choosing the best casinos will improve your gambling experience. In addition to choosing a casino based on how close it is to you, we at Zebra Casino can recommend our favourites from personal experience.
In the Johannesburg CBD and Soweto area, Gold Reef City is the way to go. When near Kempton Park, closer to the airport, choose Emperors Palace Casino. Our favourite casino is MonteCasino in Fourways JHB.
If you are located in the Western Cape, Cape Town boasts the Grand West Casino, and Port Elizabeth hosts The Boardwalk Casino. These two casinos are owned by the renowned Sun International group, developed by Sol Kerzner, a legend in the South African casino industry.
Casino winners know when to stop play. However, should you or a family member have a gambling problem, we recommend you get in touch with the National Responsible Gambling Program.