Citadel is one of the most trusted and reliable payment processing brands in the e-commerce industry. In many ways, the company set the stage for the payment processing industry, and its revolutionary bank transfer technology is still being used by the largest and most reputable merchant and retail sites in the world. With its expertise in payment processing and risk management, Citadel is able to provide the most secure payment experience possible.
Top South African Citadel Casinos
100% First deposit bonus up to R6000
Get R150 Free + 200% Deposit Match Bonus up to R2,000
Get a 200% Deposit Match Bonus up to R4000
Citadel Commerce Corp. was founded in 2000, and has headquarters in Vancouver, Canada. It is a subsidiary of the Canadian firm Paramount Commerce, which also owns and manages the reputable InstaDebit payment system.
Also known as “Instant Banking by Citadel”, Citadel is registered under the UK-based Payment Institution. It is also a member of the UK Electronic Money Association and is regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority. The company therefore conforms to strict “Know Your Customer” policies and Anti-Money Laundering rules and guidelines with regard to performing instant banking and payment transactions.
Citadel is an accepted payment method in more than 33 countries around the world. Supported by a vast network of over 200 banks, Citadel meets the highest standards for reliability and security in the online payment industry.
Citadel offers the following advantages:
- Payments are completed instantly.
- Payments are totally safe and secure, with the highest security standards applied.
- Personal for financial information is never divulged to the receiving merchant or online casino.
- No registration necessary in order to use Citadel.
Using Citadel in South Africa
South African players who wish to use Citadel to fund their online casino accounts have the following options:
Download the “payment assistant” application. This walks you through the payment process via your own internet banking account.
Use the Citadel “Rapid” system. This provides you with a reference number with which you can manually transfer funds into your online casino account via your internet banking service.
Go to an online casino’s payment or deposit page which has a Citadel option. This enables you to perform an automated payment procedure in conjunction with your internet banking account.
In the above options, users essentially utilize their own banking systems in order to deposit funds into an online casino account. The process is therefore fast and simple, and the funds are available for use immediately.
How to Fund Your Citadel Account
The Citadel Instant Banking system is linked directly to your funding account, so there is no need to prefund it in order to make a purchase or deposit into an online casino account. All that is required is to be at least 18 years old and to have a bank account at one of more than 300 Citadel-supported financial institutions.
When using Citadel for the first time, users are limited to a certain amount depending on the bank linked to the Instant Banking system. This limit will be increased over time and eventually lifted with most banks after incurring a record of successfully completed online transactions. The best way to increase your spending limit therefore is by using Citadel as much as possible and ensuring that sufficient funds are available in your funding account. Updated limits are displayed after every transaction.
How to Deposit Using Citadel
Here are the steps to depositing funds into an online casino account via Citadel:
- Log into your casino account.
- Go to the cashier or banking section.
- Look for Citadel in the list of deposit options.
- Provided the necessary information.
- Make out an electronic check (eCheck) via the Citadel system.
- Provide basic information about your bank account.
- Specify the amount to deposit into your account.
Depending on the casino in question, you may be provide a downloadable payment assistant app with which you can log into your bank account securely in order to complete the deposit transaction.
In most cases, you will receive payment confirmation instantly, and the funds can be used in the online casino immediately.
How to Withdraw Using Citadel
Withdrawing winnings and bonuses from an online casino account via Citadel entails the following steps:
- Go to the “cash out” section of the online casino.
- Select Citadel as the withdrawal method.
- Specify the amount to be withdrawn.
- Provide your Citadel account details.
Keep in mind that withdrawals usually take longer to process than deposits, and fees may be charged by some online casinos.
The following fees apply to transactions performed via Citadel:
- Making payments from your bank account: R1.50
- Insufficient fund transactions: fees vary depending on your bank.
The following transactions are free of charge:
- Receiving funds in the event of a merchant or online casino refund. Please note that if the refund issued is different from your local currency, the funds will be converted to your local currency according to the current exchange rate.
- Withdrawing casino winnings and bonuses. Please note that some casinos may charge for withdrawals.
When making deposits into an online casino account via Citadel, the amount will usually be available instantly. For withdrawals, the amount of time varies depending on the casino in question. In most cases, it takes three days to a week for the funds to appear in your account.
Featured Online Casino Reviews