ecoPayz is an e-wallet system that offers a safe and easy way to transfer funds, make online payments, and perform other financial transactions over the Internet. Registration is fast and easy, and ecoPayz can be used immediately afterwards. The system also provides many options for funding an EcoPayz account, including Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and JCB.
Top South African ecoPayz Casinos
Launched in 2000, ecoPayz was one of the first e-wallet services available to the public. In the years since it was established, it has become a standard payment platform for online casino transactions, particularly for the Canadian market. ecoPayz is managed by the UK-based e-money specialists PSI-Pay, and is under the regulation of the UK Financial Services Authority.
Although ecoPayz does offer a physical card that can be used to make payments and purchases online, its operations are mainly centered on its e-wallet services. Account holders can use the system to transfer funds into online casino accounts, pay online merchants, and even transfer funds electronically to other people. In addition to simplifying payment, withdrawal, and transfer transactions, ecoPayz offers the following advantages:
- 24/7 customer support.
- Top up your account any time.
- Wide range of top up options.
- ecoPayz virtual card available for one-time payment.
- Accepted by many online merchants.
Using ecoPayz in South Africa
ecoPayz isn’t exactly the most cost-effective option for South African players, particularly when it comes to funding an ecoPayz account. This is direct bank deposits are not possible due to the company being located in Canada.
Funding an ecoPayz act via debit or credit card is possible, and details are provided below. An alternative is to transfer funds via international bank transfer, but you may be charged processing fees by both your local bank and ecoPayz receiving bank. ecoPayz itself will not charge you anything for the transaction, but you do have to keep the bank fees in mind.
That being said, if you do have a debit or credit card and don’t mind paying the nominal fees, ecoPayz is a satisfactory online casino payment option for South African players. Adding or withdrawing funds from an online casino account can be done directly via ecoPayz, with no need to fill out lengthy forms every time.
How to Fund Your ecoPayz Account
The easiest way to fund an ecoPayz account is via debit or credit card. Before you can do so however, ecoPayz will need to verify your card via your myEco interface. The verification process is automatically initiated when you make your first deposit and proceeds as follows:
- Make a deposit using the debit or credit card of your choice
- ecoPayz makes a micro-deposit to your credit card account
- Check your statement to find the amount
- Enter the amount on the myEco website
After the process is completed successfully, the card can be used for making future deposits into your ecoPayz account without any further steps necessary.
How to Deposit Using ecoPayz
The process of depositing funds into an online casino via ecoPayz is as follows:
- Go to the payment page of a casino that accepts ecoPayz as a deposit method.
- Choose “e-wallets” as the deposit option.
- Specify the amount that you wish to deposit. You will then be redirected to the ecoPayz website.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
With most casinos, the funds will be available in your account instantly, and you can immediately begin using your money to place bets on the casino games.
How to Withdraw Using ecoPayz
Withdrawing winnings and bonuses from an online casino account into your ecoPayz account is equally simple:
- Go to the casino’s “cash out” page.
- Choose “e-wallets” as the withdrawal option.
- Select “ecoPayz.
- Specify the amount that you wish to withdraw.
Most casinos will allow you to withdraw funds only in the same currency that you deposited in. You may also be restricted from withdrawing any winnings or bonuses until after you have made a first deposit into your casino account.
Once the funds are in your ecoPayz account, you have the following options:
- Use ecoPayz to fund other purchases and online casino deposits.
- Make purchases or payments via the ecoWebcard MasterCard provided to you after account verification.
- Use an ecoPayz Prepaid Debit MasterCard, which you will have to request from ecoPayz. Withdraw the funds from your ecoPayz account and deposit it into your bank account via wire transfer.
Keep in mind that fees will apply for all of the above transactions, except for making purchases directly from your ecoPayz account.
ecoPayz Costs and Timing
There is a 2.9% fee charged when funding an ecoPayz account via debit or credit card. ecoPayz does not charge fees for typical payment and withdrawal transactions, and most casinos that support ecoPayz will not charge any fees for depositing funds into player accounts as well. Deposited funds will appear in the player account immediately and can be used for placing bets at once.
With most withdrawals, the funds will appear in your ecoAccount instantly, although it could take up to two days in some casinos. Deposits are almost always instantly credited. There are no fees charged for withdrawals with most online casinos that accept ecoPayz as a payment and withdrawal option.
There is a €10 fee for withdrawing funds from your ecoPayz account into your bank account via bank transfer.