As always, Springbok Casino celebrates the special things in South Africa. We have a lot to be proud of in our beautiful country! This month the casino honours and celebrates South African musicians. SA music is popular both at home and overseas, and is certainly worth celebrating. In the past, Springbok Casino celebrated the Big Five, Sharks, Whales of South Africa, Wines and more.
Daniel van Wyck, the Springbok Casino Manager, commented on the South African music scene. He said: “South African music is so rich and diverse. We want to pay tribute to some of the great musicians we listen to, and the music that makes us who we are.”
Take a look at the Springbok Casino page set up to showcase South African musicians. There are a large number of amazing musicians shown, along with music videos for each one. South African musicians cover many styles of music and song ranging from soul to hip hop, house to rap, along with rock and more.
Springbok Casino showcases the following artists this month:
- Jeremy Loops, also known as Jeremy Thomas Hewitt, and his song Waves. This artist released the Trading Change album in 2014, with the lead single Down South. The song reached number one in the Top 40 on the radio.
- Die Antwoord, or The Answer in English, brings South African hip hop to our screens. Ninja, Yolandi and DJ Hi-Tke have been on the music scene since 2008.
- Better known as Black Coffee, Nkosinathi Innocent Maphumulo is a singer-songwriter and DJ. He is known for his remix of Hugh Masekela’s Stimela.
- Mi Casa, with an interesting urban jazz sound has three talented musicians in its band. Dr. Duda, J’Something, and Mo-T created an album Micasa Music. The album won a number of SA music awards in 2012 at the 18th Annual MTN South Africa Music Awards.
- For electronic music, check out the DJ Goldfish. Added in to the electronic dance music is a bit of jazz, pop, house, and most notably, African rhythms.
- Jack Parrow, whose real name is Zander Tyler, is a rapper. He released Cooler as Ekke in 2009, and has followed on with many more hits.
- GoodLuck, is an electronic band started by Ben Peters and Juliet Harding. Later Matthew O’Connell joined GoodLuck adding in both piano and saxophone.
In addition to those groups mentioned above, there are plenty more showcased on the Springbok Casino site.
Free Spins Offer
Celebrate the South African music scene with free spins on a music-themed slot game from RTG (Realtime Gaming). Get 25 free spins on the popular La Bamba slot game. Simply enter the SAMUSIC coupon code between now and 31st May 2019, and enjoy your free spins.
The La Bamba Slot Game
The La Bamba slot game celebrates Ritchie Valens’ music. Valens was a rock and roll icon who died in a plane crash at the age of 17. Other famous musicians who died in the same plane crash were The Big Bopper and Buddy Holly.
The La Bamba slot game from Realtime Gaming (RTG) is an All Ways Pays slot. La Bamba has six reels and three rows, helping to create more potential pay lines. There are a massive 729 different winning combinations. Place bets from between 0.30 per spin to 300.00 per spin, making this slot great for low and high rollers.
The six main symbols on the reels include concert tickets, a guitar, an autograph book, signed Ritchie Valens photos, a record player, sneakers, and the La Bamba symbol. Spin the slots reels with the background set in a classic diner as found in America. The reels and buttons look as if they are part of a jukebox. The main spin button is designed as a record player.
Ritchie Valens himself is the wild symbol and can appear on reels 2, 3, 4, or 5. The wild symbol substitutes for all symbols except for the scatter. Winning combinations that contain wild symbols pay out with a 2x multiplier.
When you see four record scatter symbols on the reels, they trigger the free games round. Four scatters trigger 20 free spins with random multipliers of 1x, 2x, or 3x. When five scatters trigger the free spins, you get 20 free spins with the random multipliers. In addition to this, there are extra wilds on reels 2, 3, 4, and 5. When six scatter records trigger free spins, you get the 20 spins, along with wild symbols on the reels. When four or more scatters appear during the free spins round, they retrigger the free games.
Play La Bamba at Springbok Casino
La Bamba is a great slot to play. It is even better when you get to enjoy 25 free spins courtesy of Springbok Casino. Contact Springbok Casino’s customer support team in either English or Afrikaans.
Casinos Featured in This Blog
Year Established: 2012
Software Providers: Realtime Gaming