Understanding the South African Market
Gambling is not a newcomer to South Africa. For years our culture has been accepting of wagering, particularly within the sporting arena.
Sports are a part of the core of South African culture. Whether it’s a rugby game, cricket match, or soccer league, we just can’t seem to get enough of it. As such, sports punting really took off in the country.
To better understand the rise of mobile gaming, we need to look a little deeper into the numbers behind it. According to Statista.com:
- In 2021 36.45 million South Africans accessed the web via a mobile device
- This is suspected to rise to 38.23 this year
- Over 50% of South African adults said they play mobile games while watching television
- One in ten South African adults partake in gambling as entertainment
- 71% of South African adults have tried out mobile gambling
As you can see from the stats above, we are a nation that enjoys mobile entertainment and accessibility.
The Rise Of Mobile Gambling In South Africa
There are three key factors that can be attributed to the rise of mobile gambling in SA. We will outline these below:
The pandemic left a lot of people looking for alternative ways to entertain themselves. Particularly during lockdown level 5. Due to the restrictions placed on physical outings, people needed to find entertainment through their smartphones. This contributed heavily to the growth of mobile gambling within South Africa.
South Africa was home to exorbitant data rates for the longest time. To date, we are still ranked number 136 in the world in terms of data costing. This makes online access a challenge for our locals since we’re considered a poorer third-world country. However, thanks to the Competition Commission, we discovered that major data retailers were charging way too much. As such, the major network providers spent a year adjusting their data rates, making it more affordable for consumers whilst remaining competitive.
Another contributing factor in this equation is the more competitive rates offered on smartphones. A decade ago, a smartphone was a luxury possessed only by the elite. However, thanks to the introduction of more cost-effective devices and competitive cellular contracts, more South Africans can purchase their own smart device.
Where To Get The Best Mobile Casino Experience In South Africa
Here at Zebra Casino, we pride ourselves on offering the best online casino information to our readers. This includes info on where to find the hottest mobile casinos in Mzanzi. We suggest the following tips when looking for your ultimate mobile casino:
- Find A Mobile Casino With A Good Games Selection: ensure your chosen mobile casino offers the types of games you enjoy on their mobile version. Often, players fall in love with a desktop game only to find it does not translate to mobile play. Therefore, be sure to check the games libraries of your mobile casino to ensure they offer exactly what you want to play on the go.
- Find A Mobile Casino With A Good Interface: secondly, try testing a few mobile casinos on your phone or tablet through free play or no deposit bonuses. This will give you a feel for what to expect from the mobile casino. If a mobile casino has a terrible user interface, don’t waste your time. Find a mobile casino that is easy to use and quick to load.
- Find A Mobile Casino With Fair Banking Options: you will need to fund your mobile casino account eventually. As such, you need to be sure that your chosen casino supports your banking methods. Look for a mobile casino that offers you a banking option you want to use.
All our listed mobile casinos offer great South African banking options, and gaming libraries and are easy to use and understand. Therefore, look at any of the following mobile casinos and start gaming on the go today!